If you hate manual vacuuming, you’re definitely going to love these Shark ION Robot Vacuums! For someone like me, a mother of two, lover of dogs, and 8-hour office worker, you should understand why home cleaning would naturally be a big chore for me. Well, it was a big chore but not anymore! I’ve tried different vacuums and even did Canister Vs. Upright Vacuums. These vacuums were effective and wonderful but were not just the best for me. You know why? I have very little time to spare for cleaning. Most times, I’m so tired that I cannot start dragging vacuums around the house. On and on that way, and my house was literally often a mess!
The solution came few years ago when I encountered the Shark Robot vacuum R720, a robotic vacuum that did my cleaning with very little supervision. When I first tried it, my reaction was ‘Wow! Why did I not learn of this wonder earlier?’ Till date, I’ve used several Robot vacuums and I can’t stop loving them. If you haven’t decided on which specific one to buy, read till the end of this review and you’ll be grateful you did.
The Shark Ion RV720, Shark Ion Robot Vacuum R75, Shark Ion Robot R85 and the Shark Ion Cleaning System S87 are my top picks for Shark ION Robot Vacuums, and I’ll give you my firsthand experience of how these vacuums work, their specs, strengths and weaknesses.
- 1 Shark Ion Robot Vacuums Specification Table
- 2 Side by Side: Shark Ion Robot Vacuums Review
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying Your Shark Ion Robot Vacuum
- 4 Shark-ion Robot Vacuums Review Conclusion
Shark Ion Robot Vacuums Specification Table
Side by Side: Shark Ion Robot Vacuums Review
Shark Ion RV720 Review
When I bought this Robot, I had a lot of doubts because it was my first but upon first use, all my doubts were cleared. I didn’t need to drag to clean. All I needed was a small remote device to control it. The RV720 is small but has a powerful suction power. Because of its size, it rolled into every corner of my home. I couldn’t believe its suction power and speed. It picked up every single strand of hair and was able to clean for one full hour nonstop after full charge. With the RV720, I could schedule cleaning even while I was away at work! Its sensor system helps it to maneuver its way around obstacles.
- Powerful Battery This robot operates with a strong Lithium-ION battery that gives me a cleaning stretch of about one full hour! Most times it doesn’t even take a full hour for my apartment to be completely vacuumed. The battery is strong and lasts long.
- Schedule for Cleaning I never thought this was possible until I came back home and met my apartment perfectly vacuumed! The R720 can be scheduled for cleaning per day or per week. This feature is excellent for those who are very busy like me. It doesn’t matter whether you’re home or not. Your Robot will do the cleaning quite alright.
- Smart Sensor Navigation If you’ve been wondering how the R720 Robot cleans on its own without supervision, here is the explanation. This Robot has a technological sensor that makes it navigate around objects. Immediately the obstacle comes within the range of the sensor, it changes direction and continues cleaning.
- Tools for Multiple Surfaces A typical apartment like mine would definitely have different surfaces including linoleum, tiles and rug. The Shark-ION R720 does an equally good job on all surfaces. It easily transitions from surface to surface, and with the help of the two side brushes and brushes attached underneath, perfect cleaning is achieved.
- Packed with Cleaning Components The Robot definitely comes with several components to give you an efficient cleaning including the self-cleaning brushroll that helps the device to untangle hairs and fibres so as to avoid getting stuck while cleaning, a pair of extra side brushes, an extra HEPA filter that prevents dust from coming back into the air and a 9-ft boundary strip which I use to mark out places where I do not want the Robot to reach.
- Highly efficient for people with tight schedules
- Zero cleaning stress
- Suitable for multiple surfaces
- Very smart and easy to use
- Relatively quiet
- Has a control button for suction speed
- Not useful for shelves and underneath small furniture
- It often gets stuck on light rugs and carpets, so I have to manually take them off the Robot’s way.
- It has a difficulty going into crevices
Shark Ion Robot Vacuum R75 Review
The Shark Ion R720 is excellent but the R75 is everything that the R720 is, and more! Because I was impressed with the performance of the R720, I decided to get an improved model and I was not disappointed. This Robot gives me more cleaning at a greater speed, and can be used with Alexa via its Wi-Fi connectivity. I had to get the Alexa system because of this Robot. All I have to do is give out voice instructions through the Alexa and my cleaning is done perfectly well!
- Voice Control using Alexa, Google Voice or Smartphones The Shark-ION Robot Vacuum R75 is quite easier for me to use because of this extra technology. You can imagine the satisfaction I get when all I have to do is order Alexia to power on my Robot Vacuum and get it working. “Alexa, please switch on my Robot Vacuum… please dock my Robot Vacuum” and so on. It’s like reeling out instructions to a kid. Just that in this case, there are no mumblings and the job is done perfectly!
- A more compact design Where the R720 can’t reach because of its size, trust the R75 to do the job for you. Especially in my living room and my kitchen where I have very low cabinets, the Shark-ION Robot R75 comes in handy owing to its small design. It goes in literally anywhere!
- Smart Sensor Navigation Like the R720, this Robot also comes with a sensor system to help it navigate through furniture and other obstacles.
- Automatic docking for recharge Here is another wonderful feature I noticed about the R75, and it makes me absolutely love it. If the battery runs out in the middle of cleaning, it automatically returns to the charging dock. I just ensure that the dock is plugged to a power source. Likewise, after cleaning, it returns to the dock for parking.
- Easy-to-empty trash bin After vacuuming, all I do is detach the trash bin from the device and flip it open into my refuse bin outside and everything comes pouring out.
- Very compact and lightweight to glide into corners.
- Voice control makes it easier to use than the R720
- Suitable for carpet and hard floors
- Its bristle brushes make it easy to reach edges that are difficult for the R720.
- The remote schedule saves time and energy
- The need to clear items off the robot’s way makes the cleaning schedule ineffective
- The HEPA filter burns out fast. Within three months, I used up all the filters and had to start buying new ones.
- Emptying the trash bin could get gross sometimes.
Shark Ion Robot R85 Review
I noticed that the sensor system of the first two Robot vacs weren’t strong enough. The implication is that they would have already bumped into the object before rolling into another direction. So, when I learnt that the Robot R85 has an improved 2.0 sensor, I decided to go for it and my guess was right! It easily locates obstacles inches before reaching them and turns in another direction!
- Three Suction Strengths The R85 is thrice powerful in suction. I was amazed by its suction the first time I used it. Plus, you can control the suction level. If you think the suction is too strong for your carpet, you can reduce it to the Quiet Mode but if you want its highest suction, tune it to the Max Mode and you’re good to go.
- XL Trash Can The R85 is obviously an improvement all round. The dust bin is built to contain more dust so I don’t have to empty it in the middle of cleaning.
- Advanced 2.0 Sensor System With the 2.0 sensor, my R85 does not only avoid obstacles, it also saves and gets adapted to my home layout so that as at the third use, it easily turns at the right places even without the boundary strips.
- Easy Maintenance Most of the components of the R85 are built to clean and maintain themselves. However, you will have to replace the side brushes and the filters from time to time. To replace the side brushes, all I do is snap it in. No screwdriver or any other tool is required.
- Highly compatible with smartphones
- Its XL trash bin holds a lot of dirt
- Very easy to maintain. No expertise required
- Has a long battery life and charges very fast.
- Very suitable for cleaning edges
- The quieter system is a deficient. Too much noise
- Needs a lot of supervision so as not to get stuck
- Performance is not so good on soft floors
Shark Ion Cleaning System S87 Review
Here is my favorite! I guess Shark saw the operational fault in the previous versions that they could not be used on sofas, desks, etc so they attached a small handheld vacuum to this one to help with quick cleanups and spills, and it suits me just fine. The handheld attachment is a ready tool anywhere. It is always close to me in the kitchen and at the dining table for spills.
- Multiple Suction Abilities The S87 beats the first three especially in terms of suction power. It has a number of modes I select from time to time. The normal mode is used for its everyday cleaning while I select the Quiet mode when my family is around, watching the TV or taking a nap.
- Extra Handheld Vacuum Where the Robot cannot reach, I am able to grab my attached handheld vac and do my quick cleaning. This handheld vac weighs only 1.4 pounds and cannot be used for prolonged cleaning. Instead, I use it as an addition on my sofas, within shelves and other furniture.
- Easy Self Docking The dock does not only serve as a storage space. It is also used to charge both the robot and the handheld attachment.
- Extra Components It is very easy for me to operate the S87 using the app on my smartphone. I use it to create cleaning schedules. It is also Wi-Fi activated and works with Alexa. If you have a Google Voice Assistant, you’re good to go too. It also has a battery indicator.
- Longer Battery Life Perhaps this is the reason I use the S87 more than the rest. The DC 14.4 V Lithium Ion 25 battery charges fully within 3hours and serves me for over 1hour.
- Has a long battery lifespan
- Cleaning efficiency is over 96% on all floor surfaces
- Its handheld attachment serves extra cleaning purpose
- Gives powerful suction for pet hair
- Trash can is large, easy to remove and empty
- Requires very little maintenance
- Has a difficulty cleaning hilly floors
- Emptying the bin could sometimes get messy
- Suction is too powerful for light carpets
Factors to Consider When Buying Your Shark Ion Robot Vacuum
- The size of your apartment
- Do you have pets or not?
- Nature of your home floors (Hard or soft?)
- The battery power of the Robot
- Technological components and accessories of the Robot
Shark-ion Robot Vacuums Review Conclusion
Of a truth, vacuuming has never been easier. If you’re the kind of person who places convenience above other factors, you will find the Shark Ion Robot Vacuums to be the best thing that has happened to the cleaning industry. I would personally recommend the Shark Ion Cleaning System S87 for its superb performance and the added handheld vac. Go get yours and make your home shiny!