Pets have always been an excellent choice of companionship to many of us who are pets lovers, but the immediate implication of having cats and dogs around will be lots of hair in the house. To those who suffer from allergies (such as pet dander) amassed pet hair can be more than irritating. Even without suffering from allergies seeing pet hair on your carpet, furniture or drifting around the room can be exasperating.
Pets are naturally known for shedding and getting rid of matted hair is very difficult than what an inexperienced pet owner will think. The best way to combat this vice is to find a vacuum specifically made to clean pet hair.
In our search for the vacuum to eradicate pet hair we should always have it in our conscious mind that not every vacuum can effectively get rid of pet hair irrespective of the model, be it high – powered central system, heavy-duty uprights or handheld model. You have to painstakingly evaluate features of the best vacuums from the pet hair brands to know which one will meet your unique needs. Although, this can be very difficult to know which vacuum will give the best performance. However, when you want to choose the best vacuum for pet hair always go for the one with the superior suction, filters, and tools that can take care of high volume pet hair.
In this write up you will find some of the top best vacuum cleaners to get rid of pet hair with their pros and cons which will equip you whenever you want to get one for yourself.
- 1 Top 7 Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Product Review
- 1.1 1. Dyson Cyclone V10 -Best Lightweight & Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
- 1.2 2. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean (AZ1002)-Best Zero-M Technology Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 1.3 3. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner WindTunnel 3 Pro (UH70930)-Best Pet Bagless Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 1.4 4. Kenmore Elite 81714 – Best Ultra Plush Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 1.5 5. Miele’s C3 – Best Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner for Pet Hair
- 1.6 6. BISSELL Lithium – Best Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
- 1.7 7. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser – Best Lift-Off Bagless Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 2 Conclusion
Top 7 Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Product Review
1. Dyson Cyclone V10 -Best Lightweight & Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
It is cord-free built with big superior suction which can be used in a dynamic way. This is a better version compared to the previous Dyson V8 animal vacuum. It has a bigger bin and also it’s torque drive cleaner head can be effective when it comes to removing pet hair. You can turn it to handheld in order to clean a difficult spot. Check out the pros and cons of this product.
- MAX Power: it generates 151 air watts of suction which is more than enough to clean up dust and pet hair.
- Torque Drive Cleaner Head: it has powerful cleaner head to enhance its ability to remove pet hair and more dirt.
- Large Dust Canister: with 0.20 gallons canister capacity. The dust canister is arguably bigger than the previous version Dyson V7 / V8 which are 0.14 gallons. You don’t need to be emptying the dust canister every second you are vacuuming pet hair in your house.
- Not Too Loud: this is a plus! Nobody wants unnecessary sounds disturbing our rather quiet environment all in the name of vacuuming pet hair.
- Recharge Time: after you used up the battery it can be fully charged within 3.5 hours. This is good news if you have a high volume of pet hair to clean.
- Weight: it’s under 6 lbs which are considered lightweight for vacuum within that range. This makes it an excellent choice for pets owners.
- Maneuverability: being lightweight you can easily move it to any spot to pick up pet hair.
- Filtration: the vacuum filters air entering it to produce clean air when removing all the pet hair in your room.
- No Swappable Battery: it is difficult to remove the battery of Dyson V10 and it is not designed for swapping.
- Power Trigger: there is no way to keep the vacuum permanently on when vacuuming pet hair, you have to press the trigger for as long as you want it on. This can be frustrating!
- Large Handheld Unit: the handheld is quite large which can make it difficult to use in a tight place where there’s pet hair.
- Run Time Short for MAX Mode: it can only work under ten minutes when removing pet hair with powered cleaner head.
- Cost: it is expensive compared to other versions of Dyson stick vacuums.
2. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean (AZ1002)-Best Zero-M Technology Vacuum for Pet Hair
It is an amazing machine which comes with a feature called Zero – M Technology. Zero-M Technology is specifically designed to get rid of hair which is an excellent feature for pets lovers looking for a vacuum for their households. You don’t need to remove the hair from the brush roll manually again.
- Zero-M Technology: it is a tested and trusted feature in removing matted hair which means you don’t need to worry about pet hair again.
- Light Weight & Maneuverability: with just a twist of the wrist at the machine handle the cleaner head will easily turn to pick pet hair.
- Reasonable pickup on bare floors for an upright: it performs magic on bare floors by picking up all the dust and pet hair on it.
- Dust canister is easy to use and fairly large: you won’t need to empty the dust canister every time you are vacuuming pet hair because it is pretty large. However, when the canister is full you can easily detach, empty and reattach it.
- Quality filtration: all it filters can be rinsed in water which reduces your expenditure due to the fact that you won’t be spending on a new filter.
- Not too pricey for what you get: with all the features embedded in this vacuum to get rid of pet hair the price is a catch.
- Short power cord: it has a rather short cord which is below 30 feet length unwritten requirement by vacuums owners. With short cord, it’s definitely difficult to pick up pet hair in the right corner.
- A bit louder than some other Shark machines: when you compare it with other versions of Shark vacuums you will realize that it is quite loud.
- Can only hold 1 tool onboard: out of the three tools (specially designed for removing dust and pet hair) that come with the machine, you can only keep one on-board. If peradventure you need either of the remaining two you will have to look for it.
- Controls are not on the handle: this might make it tedious using the vacuum to pick pet hair.
3. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner WindTunnel 3 Pro (UH70930)-Best Pet Bagless Vacuum for Pet Hair
It has three different channels of suction to pick and eradicate surface debris and high volumes of hair. This is coupled with Multi-Floor Brushroll On / Off carpet to hardwood with a press of a pedal feature. You can also rinse the filter with water in order to reuse it. The machine rewinds cord automatically in seconds and also comes with several pet related attachments.
- Retractable power cord: you don’t need to exhaust yourself in packing the cord after removing pet hair, the machine will do that automatically.
- Generally easy to empty the dust canister: you don’t need to get your hands dirty emptying the dust canister when you are done vacuuming the pet hair. With just the press of a button, you will get it done.
- Easy to assemble: you don’t need to be tech-savvy to do this.
- Poorly constructed: it doesn’t look sophisticated.
- Maneuverability: Some find it hard to push on the carpet when picking pet hair.
- The hose does not extend easily and is short: this can be frustrating when you want to pick up pet hair in a tight location.
- Sometimes overheats and shuts off: to say this is terrible is an understatement, we always want a product that will not switch off in the cause of removing pet hair.
- Quite heavy: if we intend on carrying weight we all know how to locate a gym. What we want is a lightweight vacuum to pick pet hair in our room.
4. Kenmore Elite 81714 – Best Ultra Plush Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair
This vacuum is designed for those who are suffering from asthma and allergy, with the help of HEPA media filter you can get rid of pollutants, allergens, and irritants in your home. All the dust and pet hair in tough corners get picked up with the motorized Pet PowerMate attachment that comes with the Kenmore Elite Pet-Friendly Ultra Plush Canister Vacuum. Another feature of this vacuum is a double – wall designed to keep airflow strong and steady.
- Perfect for cleaning: with its ultra-plush nozzle technology the vacuum can clean all sorts of carpets. Excellent choice to remove pet hair on the carpet.
- Headlights: this can be very useful when you want to clean pet hair in a dark place.
- Powerful suction: it has excellent suction and airflow with superior two Motor system and double wall design to pick pet hair.
- Swivel steering: you need not lifting, dragging or hauling your vacuum in order to clean pet hair in a difficult spot such as behind the couch.
- Automatic cord rewind: this is also part of its amazing features which makes it easy to move around when picking pet hair.
- Quality: it’s lacking in design and quality. This is definitely discouraging to pets owners who love sophisticated things.
- Loud: trust me, you don’t want vacuum noisily humming to your ears all in the name of removing pet hair.
5. Miele’s C3 – Best Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner for Pet Hair
It is marvelously designed with durable materials such as stainless steel wand, specialized abs plastic with an impact-resistant surface. It also has a silent motor to prevent unnecessary humming in your quiet environment. The AirClean Sealed System with active charcoal layers makes it possible to neutralize and absorb the pet odor and clean the air in your house. The vacuum awesome features make it an excellent choice for a pet owner who wants to pick up pet hair in a tight corner or in the gentle breeze of your room.
- Well designed: it can be easily assembled and look fancy. Good choice for pets owners who love sophisticated products.
- Maneuverability: with all is on – board attachments it provides an adequate avenue to move around the house for perfect pet hair cleaning.
- Neutralize odor: beautifully made with sealed bag system which makes the escape of dust, pet odor and pet hair impossible.
- Not loud: this is a piece of good news to those of us who enjoy our quiet environment which we don’t want to ruin all in the name of vacuuming pet hair.
- Price: it is costly.
- Space: there is no room to store all the onboard tools meant for getting rid of pet hair.
- Maintenance: you have to change the 3 filter system regularly in order to perfectly absorb pet odor.
6. BISSELL Lithium – Best Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
It is a handheld cordless vacuum with a set of tools categorically designed to pick up pet hair. With motorized brush tool, upholstery tool and crevice tool it is easy to have a dust and pet hair free environment.
- Lightweight and cordless: this feature will help us to move around easily to get all the dirt and pet hair without feeling stressed out.
- Excellent design: it is specifically designed to clean pet hair.
- Features 2 stage filtering system: this helps in absorbing pet odor.
- Robust and durable: nothing gives us more joy than having a durable product at our disposal.
- Charging: there have been a lot of complaints about its charging system.
- Battery life: the battery life is short and this can be discouraging when we want to use it to clean a large room with a high volume of pet hair that will demand a longer period of time.
7. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser – Best Lift-Off Bagless Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
Pets are our great companions and having them will mean shedding, dander, and odors. This Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lift-Off Bagless Upright Vacuum is specially designed for households with a pet. With its 2-in-1 vacuum with Lift-Off Technology, Tangle-free brush roll, Hands-free empty, Extended reach and Smartseal allergen system with Febreze filter you can always be at peace having your pet around irrespective of it shedding.
- LED light: it makes cleaning pet hair in a dark corner quite easy.
- Dust canister: it is easy to remove all the pet hair in the dust canister.
- Suction: it has superior suction. This makes eradicating pet hair in the house a possibility.
- Turbo pet hair attachment: this is a special design to reduce hair tangles.
- Loud: for most pet owners who cherished their quiet environment this can be annoying.
- Weight: it is heavy, especially with the telescoping hose attachments for perfect pet hair picking.
- Maneuverability: it is not easy to control and hurts your wrist in the course of removing pet hair.
- Check out Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1 it is also a Bissell brand designed with features to make cleaning pet hair stress free.
It can’t be overemphasized that having a vacuum is paramount if you want your home to be absolutely clean especially if you are a pet owner. However, if your current vacuum is unable to pick all the pet hair in your home, you should consider getting one of the best vacuum for pet hair cleaners listed above. After checking the pros and cons of all the best pet hair vacuum products discussed above you will agree that getting rid of pet hair is very easy and the possibility of preventing allergies is certain.