Vacuuming a carpeted stair is one of the most challenging tasks. As this part involves critical corners and edges with a small surface, using a regular vacuum could be grueling.
Now, as you are planning to resolve the stairs’ cleaning complexity, we are here for help. In this article, we are going to review a few best vacuums for carpeted stairs.
You will also get to read a brief buying guide along with cleaning tips. It will help you to sort out the difficulty of cleaning the carpeted stairs easily.
So, keep scrolling to know more….
- 1 Why Vacuum carpet stairs are a pain?
- 2 Do a regular vacuum can clean stairs or we need a special one?
- 3 Top 5 Best Vacuum for Carpeted Stairs
- 4 Top 5 Best vacuum for Carpeted Stairs Product Reviews
- 4.1 ROOMIE TEC Vacuum Cleaner – Rating – 4.9/5 – Best overall (Editor’s choice)
- 4.2 MOOSOO HEPA Vacuum Cleaner (D601) – Rating – 4.75/5 – Best for powerful suction
- 4.3 Shark Handheld Vacuum ( LV801) – Rating 4.7/5 – Best for pet owners
- 4.4 MOOSOO Ultra-Quiet Vacuum Cleaner ( K17 ) – Rating – 4.75/5 – Best Quiet vacuum
- 4.5 Shark ION Lightweight Vacuum ( F80 ) – Rating – 4.8/5 – Best long runtime vacuum
- 5 Cleaning tips for carpet stairs
- 6 Things to consider when shopping a vacuum for carpet stairs
- 7 Conclusion
Why Vacuum carpet stairs are a pain?
As we have already mentioned, it is really difficult to vacuum the stairs. Do you know the reasons behind? Following traits can be a serious pain while vacuuming carpet stairs:
- The surface area of each stair is small. Moreover, it has a lot of crevices and edges. We all have experienced it; it is much easier to clean a plain large area than a small one with corners and boundaries.
- The second reason is the struggle of maintaining balance. Stairs are a tricky part to hold your body. You can lose stability at any time while cleaning.
- It will be exhausting to carry a heavy vacuum with you up and down the stairs beside the cleaning process.
Do a regular vacuum can clean stairs or we need a special one?
Though a regular vacuum can clean stairs, it would be highly difficult. Also, it also depends on the type of vacuum you have.
If your regular vacuum is bulky, it would be hard to clean stairs with it. In severe cases, it might even cause aches or other mishaps.
Moreover, if your cleaning tool has no long cord or hose, it would be a problem for vacuuming stairs. It is because you would need to carry your vacuum all way up the stairs.
In order to use a regular vacuum for stairs, it should also have some additional tools. These accessories will be used to clean small corners and crevices of the stairs.
In the below table, a brief comparison is provided. The purpose is to help the user have a quick look at certain aspects of these good-quality vacuums.
Top 5 Best Vacuum for Carpeted Stairs
Top 5 Best vacuum for Carpeted Stairs Product Reviews
ROOMIE TEC Vacuum Cleaner – Rating – 4.9/5 – Best overall (Editor’s choice)
This ROOMIE TEC Cordless Vacuum comes with certain features that make the stairs cleaning process a breeze. The topmost feature of this vacuum is its versatility.
You can either use it as an upright stick vacuum or touch a button to make it a handheld device. In both ways, it will deliver powerful performance to clean all parts of your stairs, cars, and other regions.
Well, that’s not all. This one of the best vacuum for carpeted stairs also comes with two powerful motors. It ensures to draw out all dust particles, dirt, and pet hairs out of your carpet.
Do you have a problem with missing out any dirt because of poor lightings? This ROOMIE vacuum offers six headlights. They help in noticing even minor garbage around your home.
This vacuum is capable of delivering 23 minutes performance with a single charge. Moreover, you don’t need to worry about its charging. Why?
It will recharge on its own the moment you will put it on its charging base. However, it will stop after completely charging the vacuum. You can either store it on the base or fold it to put inside the closet.
Still not impressed, here’s more.
Its 4-stage filtration system will take care of even the tiniest dust particle. You can switch between 2 power modes. You can use ECO mode to clean hard floors while saving energy. Whereas, you can run it on a MAX mode to clean carpets.
Last but not least… Its auto charging will make this vacuum ever ready for cleaning.
- Weighs 4.5 pounds
- Dust capacity is 0.5 L
- Comes with Li-ion 2200 mAh battery
- Needs charging time of 4-5 hours
- It saves energy with the help of its ECO and Turbo mode.
- It offers ease with its 180 degrees rotatable brush.
- As its wheels are covered with rubber, it doesn’t leave marks on the floor.
- Its storage and auto recharging feature offers huge convenience.
- You might need to put some effort in order to take dustbuster out of the vacuum
MOOSOO HEPA Vacuum Cleaner (D601) – Rating – 4.75/5 – Best for powerful suction
If you are looking for some powerful yet lightweight vacuum, MOOSOO could be your best option.
The most remarkable feature of this vacuum is its cleaning power. It delivers 17Kpa suction to extract all types of dirt and debris out of your belongings.
Moreover, this small vacuum cleaner comes equipped with a 4-stage advanced filtration process. It includes cyclone filtration, cylinder filtration, Hepa filtration, and sponge filtration. The combination of these filters will eliminate 99.9% of dust particles from any surface.
This vacuum also comes with a rotatable brush head and with flexible joint. It assists in moving the vacuum in any direction you want to obtain the maximum cleaning performance.
Despite its powerful suction, this gadget is quite light in weight. The whole unit weighs only 2.8 pounds. Its power cord is 23 feet long. It means you can take this vacuum conveniently upstairs by plugging it at a single socket.
This vacuum also comes with a handled attachment. Its brush and crevice nozzle make it easier to clean the small corners and tiny spaces.
- 500W motor delivers 17Kpa suction power
- 4-advanced filtration process
- 23 feet long power cord
- Comes with wall mount tool
- Because of its unique electric turbine brush, it cleans effectively while protecting your floor.
- The headlights make it easier to see dirt in the dark areas.
- It delivers remarkable cleaning results with its four-stage filtration.
- Its lightweight body makes it easier to carry it around.
- Its wand is extendable to 19-31 inches.
- You can’t place it as a stand-alone unit. You will need to put it against the mounting wall.
Shark Handheld Vacuum ( LV801) – Rating 4.7/5 – Best for pet owners
This shark cordless vacuum could be the best option for pet owners. It is a lightweight handheld device that works with lithium-ion batteries. The extended battery life allows you to clean for hours.
With its twister suction technology, you can clean all surfaces, be it a hard floor or carpet.
This vacuum is valuable to clean all types of surfaces. In order to access hard-to-reach points, it comes with a crevice tool. It also comes with a motorized brush to pull out the embedded mess.
However, it also allows for the direct suction option for simple cleaning. This Shark offers great suction power. It possesses Twister suction technology for this purpose.
You’ll fall in love with its direct suction that allows you to any surface.
Well, what’s making it a perfect choice for pert owners is its motorized pet brush. It is capable of removing pet hair and dirt from carpets, mats, upholstery, seats, and others.
- Weighs 2.48 pounds only
- Works with the Lithium-ion battery
- Comes with a motorized pet brush
- Contains crevice tool
- Offers portability
- Because of its crevice tool, you can easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Its motorized pet brush gives convenience to pet owners.
- Because of its low weight, you can carry it easily.
- It gives a versatile way of cleaning; you can clean any surface type with it.
- You need to plug it in for charging as it doesn’t come with a battery base.
MOOSOO Ultra-Quiet Vacuum Cleaner ( K17 ) – Rating – 4.75/5 – Best Quiet vacuum
If the deafening sound of vacuum annoys you, this MOOSOO K17 could be the best option for you. It comes with strong suction power and two power modes.
One mode delivers 10Kpa power while running for 30 minutes at single charging. The other mode delivers 17Kpa power and works for 15 minutes in single charging.
It comes with four filtration process. These are Hepa filtration, screen filtration, honeycomb filtration, and cyclone filtration. Moreover, its complete sealing design and high-density HEPA filter capture the maximum dirt and debris.
The 200watt motor rotates on 5000rpm to pick the dust and debris from high pile carpeted stairs.
The filters used in this vacuum are washable, which means you don’t have to spend extra money on replacing expensive filters.
It also contains a 2-in-1 brush that is with soft and stiff bristles. In order to allow you to complete cleaning convenience, it offers three serviceable attachments.
The rotatable joint design release stresses from the joints while tossing and twisting the vacuum during cleaning.
It also comes with LED floor lights to help you clean darker areas properly. In order to ensure quiet and peaceful cleaning, this vacuum produces a noise level of 67 dB only.
Besides it all the remarkable features, this vacuum is light in weight too. So, you can conveniently carry it in all parts of your home.
- 2 power modes with 10kpa and 17 kPa
- Needs 4 hours for complete charging
- Produces 67 dB sound level
- Contains dust capacity of 0.4 ltr
- As its sound level is 67 dB, it won’t snatch your peace while cleaning.
- It is very easy to carry its lightweight body.
- With its attachments, it helps cleaning all difficult corners and small edges.
- It gives 15 or 30 minutes runtime depending on power mode.
- You would need to manually empty the dust canister.
Shark ION Lightweight Vacuum ( F80 ) – Rating – 4.8/5 – Best long runtime vacuum
If you want to clean multiple staircases in a single go, Shark ION F80 could be the best vacuum option. The best thing about this gadget is its two rechargeable batteries.
Its two batteries provide the runtime of 80 minutes together. Isn’t it super amazing? All you would need to do is, to keep both batteries charged before starting the cleaning process.
What’s more? It comes with multiFLEX technology. This helps to bend the wand in order to make you reach the underparts of the furniture. It also assists in accessing the hard-to-reach areas. Well, that’s not all.
This vacuum comes with 2 batteries that allow you to go on cleaning for a long time.
Its multi-flex technology also gives you an opportunity to store it in a compact way. In order to ensure maximum cleaning results, this Shark vacuum comes with DuoClean technology.
It has one powerhead and two brush rolls to remove fine dust particles along with the larger pieces. This attribute makes it equally suitable for hard floors and carpets.
You can even convert this vacuum into a handheld device by just pushing a button. It can be helpful if you want to clean curtains or ceiling.
- Comes with two lithium-ion batteries
- Offers 80 minutes runtime
- Contains dust capacity of 0.3 Quarts
- Comes with multiFlex technology
- It offers a powerful cleaning mechanism.
- Its long battery time is capable of offering great convenience.
- Its handheld attachment can make cleaning sofa, cars, and stairs corners easier.
- It allows compact storage.
- You would need to fold it up in order to make it stand upright.
Cleaning tips for carpet stairs
Stairs usually face heavy traffic. It is, therefore, becoming very important to clean them regularly. However, it is not very simple to clean them.
Their curved structure and small surface are the reasons behind. Moreover, in case of having more usage, stairs get stains and dirt more as compared to other parts.
Well, there are a few steps that you can follow in order to thoroughly clean the carpeted stairs.
- The first step involves cleaning stairs using a broom or hand brush. It will help to loosen the dirt and dust particles out of the stairs. Moreover, you would also be able to clean all the corners of the stairs.
- In the second phase, you can vacuum them. However, you should choose the appropriate vacuum for this purpose. We have reviewed a few of the best vacuums for carpeted stairs above too. You should vacuum at least twice in order to clean the stairs properly. Moreover, a brush roll is very important to take deep dust out of the carpet.
- After vacuuming, you can steam clean the stairs to ensure maximum cleaning.
- If you want to properly clean stairs, shampooing it could be a very effective option.
- After performing all the steps, you need to vacuum your stairs again. It will capture remaining and newly released dirt out of the carpet.
Here is more detail about how to clean carpet stairs in different tools.
Things to consider when shopping a vacuum for carpet stairs
A vacuum can be really helpful to clean your home. However, the requirement is you choose the correct vacuum. Here, we are going to discuss a few points that you need to consider before shopping for a vacuum for carpeted stairs.
Stairs are a complicated part of your home. You can’t clean this area effectively using simple tools. Therefore, you should consider buying a vacuum that comes with certain attachments. These accessories allow cleaning edges and cervices.
Moreover, you should also consider buying a vacuum that is considerably lighter in weight. It is because you won’t be able to carry the bulky machine all the way up the stairs.
Wired vs Cordless
Besides, a battery charged or cordless vacuum could be a great option too. In case you can’t buy the cordless, the one with the large cord can do the work too.
Besides considering these attributes, it is also crucial to have a vacuum with strong suction power. It is because stairs usually get a lot of stains and marks along with stubborn dust. A powerful vacuum would be able to extract out all garbage.
Besides, if you have people at home suffering from allergies, you would need a vacuum with HEPA filtration. It would help in improving the indoor quality of your home.
The noise level is another consideration. If you have sensitive-natured people at your home, do consider to buy a vacuum with a low noise level.
Stairs are the most critical part of your home. Its cleaning might consume a lot of your energy. Luckily, there is a number of vacuum models available in the market that can be a source of great relief.
In this article, we have reviewed 5 best vacuums for carpeted stairs. Though all of them are highly suitable for stairs, here are our recommendations:
The Shark Cordless Vacuum is a great option if you are a pet owner. This is a small and powerful tool that possesses a high capacity to scratch debris and dust. It also comes with attachments to access hard-to-reach areas. However, the thing makes it suitable for a pet owner is its motorized pet brush. It is capable of removing pet hairs from all types of surfaces.
The ROOMIE TEC Vacuum Cleaneris overall the best choice for carpeted stairs. It not only delivers powerful suction but offers versatility. You can either use it as a stick vacuum or a handheld device. Its attachments, high performance, LED lights, and 23 minutes runtime makes it one of the best vacuums.
The MOOSOO D601 Cleaneris a great choice if powerful suction is what you want. It also offers two various modes, four-stage filtration, and headlights.
The MOOSOO Ultra-Quiet Cleanercould be the best option if you want a quiet cleaning tool. However, it is also capable of delivering high suction power at two different modes. It’s efficient cleaning, four-stage filtration, and lightweight body make it one of the best stairs’ vacuums.
If the long battery runtime is your priority, then Shark ION F80 Vacuum could be the best option. It has two batteries and they give a runtime of 80 minutes. Moreover, it delivers efficient cleaning results and easy storage.