Vacuum cleaners are designed to simplify cleaning procedures and make the process more satisfying. What’s more, is how multi-surface cleaners perform cleaning tasks that more than two cleaning products should perform. Interestingly, finding the best multi-surface vacuum can be a tiresome task. This is because they all come with different features and vary in their level of performance. One thing that is guaranteed is that the best multi-surface vacuum makes short work of your home mess.
- 1 Types of Multi-Surface Vacuum
- 2 Advantages of Multi-Surface Vacuum
- 3 Top 5 Best Multi Surface Vacuum Cleaners
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 5 Conclusion
Types of Multi-Surface Vacuum
- Upright vacuum: Upright vacuum cleaners are the most popular types of vacuum cleaners. The suction head and the motor are located in the same unit and you need to push it ahead of you to use. They are cheaper and uses motorized brushes for cleaning rugs and carpets with more efficiency. They also have a wide cleaning path and you don’t need to bend your back during use.
- Canister vacuum cleaner: canister vacuum cleaners come with a cleaning nozzle that is placed at the end of the wand and is connected to the vacuum via a hose. It also comes with wheels that the user can use to drag it around. The engines are more powerful compared to upright vacuum and as a result, have better suction and possess faster-cleaning speed. They are also lighter and are easy to maneuver.
- Stick Vacuum: Stick vacuums are more of a convenient cleaner compared to the upright and canister cleaners. Because of the size and shape, stick vacuums can fit into narrow places and clean carpet, rugs, and hardwood floors with ease. Since it has a slender body and a stick-like handle, stick vacuums can be used in a closely spaced and can be mounted or tucked away after use.
Advantages of Multi-Surface Vacuum
- Multi-surface: This first advantage of having a multi-surface vacuum is that it is capable of cleaning different types of floors. It is capable of cleaning hardwood floors, carpets, rugs, etc. with ease. As a result, you can eliminate other cleaning devices and save much-needed space around your home.
- Time and energy-saving: the convenience offered by brooms is nothing compared to what multi-surface vacuums have to offer. You can clean a surface area within minutes with a vacuum cleaner, whereas, manual cleaning can take you hours. Since they are faster, you can achieve thorough cleaning with less effort and have time to spare.
- HEPA filter purifies the air: Multi-surface vacuum cleaners feature HEPA filters that take care of bacteria and allergens in the home. It also purifies the air and eliminates germs that cause airborne diseases. This way, people with allergy issue can clean their homes without worrying about any reaction.
- Advanced features: multi-surface vacuum comes with various advanced features that are designed to make cleaning easier. Above all, they are easy to use. To use, you only need to plug it into an electric socket or make sure that the battery is fully charged. With this in place, all you need to do is move it around and watch the result.
- A solution to pet hair: sometimes pet hair gets stuck in carpets and you need to use a vacuum cleaner with strong and powerful suction to get it out. Multi-surface vacuum cleaners possess powerful suction that can remove hairs from your carpet.
- Low cost: You can spend less to save time and energy with a multi-surface vacuum cleaner. They are available in different sizes, types, and cost. Therefore, you can determine the type and size that you want and pay for it.
Top 5 Best Multi Surface Vacuum Cleaners
1. Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum
Detachable canister, advanced swivel steering, and LED lights are some of the many features of the Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum. It is a lightweight 2-in-1 clean that features swivel steering technology and LED lights for maneuvering around the house. For retaining collected dirt, the vacuum cleaner comes with an anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter that traps in allergens and dust inside the vacuum.
Also, to permit easy use, the cleaner comes with a lift-away button whose function is to lift the canister and permit effective cleaning even in hard-to-reach areas around the house. In all, the Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is one of the best shark vacuums for multi-surface because ensures cleaning without interruption with its extra-large capacity dust cup. This eliminates the problem of leaving cleaning undone to empty the dust cup.
- Advanced swivel technology aid maneuvering around the house
- Complete seal technology traps allergens and dust
- Lift-away button lifts the canister to permit effective cleaning.
- It has a wider cleaning path
- Weak belt
- It tends to be heavier compared to the navigator vacuum cleaner
Verdict: The Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is an excellent vacuum cleaner. With cheap price, it offers enough efficiency to keep your home cleaner.
|Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away...||Check Price|
Just like the shark rotator, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E features a Lift-Away button that lifts the canister and positions it out of hard to reach area. This way, you can enjoy cleaning without the cleaner as an obstruction. It also features a HEPA filter and seals technology for trapping dust.
To encourage versatile cleaning, the shark multi-surface vacuum cleaner comes with brush roll for deep carpet and bare floor cleaning. It also comes with a pre-motor foam and filter that must be washed every 3 months to ensure optimum performance. The vacuum cord is about 30 feet and it weighs 13.7 pounds.
- Powerful brush roll enhances cleaning
- Versatile and lightweight portable
- 5-years warranty
- Not suitable for hard floors
- Warranty doesn’t cover defective product
Verdict: The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E has great suction power on the floor than it does on carpets and rugs. The setup is also not the prettiest in the market. However, after setup, it offers a bagless solution to your dust problem.
3. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum packs so much versatility into the vacuum cleaner, and as a result, permits effortless cleaning. With a self-adjusting head, the cleaner traps in suction across hard floors and carpets. The head also features a motorized brushbar and stiff nylon bristles that drive deep into a target location to remove dirt. The vacuum contains a HEPA filter that traps bacteria and allergens to prevent an allergic reaction.
It also comes with a hose and wand for cleaning high and hard-to-reach areas. After cleaning, a hygienic bin empties the dirt at the push of a single button. To aid easy movement, the vacuum cleaner features ball technology. The technology allows it to slid into hard-to-reach areas with a single turn of the wrist. This way, it eliminates awkward moves.
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
- A HEPA filter traps dirt and prevents allergic reactions
- Ball technology aid sliding and movement
- Instant release wand makes it easy to clean high areas
- The warranty does not cover the hose
- Heavy for the aged and old
Verdict: The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum is an excellent choice for homeowners. It comes with enough features to make your cleaning more enjoyable. The only issue is that it is a bit pricey and might be heavy for the aged. If you don’t fall into this category, then we recommend that you make your purchase.
4. Hover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum cleaner
Cordless vacuum cleaners in most cases are referred to the corded ones. As a result, the Hover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum cleaner gets preferential selection because of its cordless feature. This is because the absence of a cord makes it easier to handle. The cleaner comes with a changeable lithium battery that does not fade. It also features wind tunnel technology that channels the suction for the stronger dirt removal.
To ensure ease of use, the vacuum cleaner comes with a recline handle that allows you to reach farther without moving furniture around. An edge cleaning bristles take care of dust, dirt, and pet hairs. To monitor battery use, it features a battery gauge to see how much battery is left. Weighing less than 10 pounds, the cleaner is portable and it cleans hard floors and carpets with ease.
- Wide cleaning path covers more surface area in little time
- 2-year warranty
- Intuitive power control lessens the pressure on the hand during use
- Bottom release dirt cup keep your hands clean
- The brush roller is not easily detachable
- Battery life of 20 minutes is considered too short by some customers
Verdict: Intuitive power control and wind tunnel technology make the Hover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum cleaner a must-have for homes. With 2-year warranty to cover dissatisfaction, you can rest assured that you are covered. Since it comes with a changeable battery, you can use the cleaner for as long as you like provided that you keep it charged. This cordless convenience can withstand your everyday house mess with ease.
5. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Powered by the V8 digital motor engine, the Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is engineered to detect and pick dirt from carpets and hard floors. This feature and many more makes it one of the best Dyson vacuums for multi-surface. The cleaner comes with HEPA filtration that takes care of allergens and ejects only clean air. Plus, the filter can be washed throughout the lifetime of the cleaner.
When fully charged, the cleaner can run for up to 40 minutes and the suction power when it is in max mode is about 115 AW. To make cleaning easier, the drive cleaner head can operate for up to 8 minutes in a fade-free power mode and the stiff nylon bristles take care of carpet dirt. The required time of charge is 4 hours before first use, and a release trigger indicates when battery power is being used during cleaning.
- Cord-free and hassle-free
- Deep clean carpets and sucks up pet hairs
- Up to 40 minutes of non-stop use
- Convenient docking station
- The pistol grip is not comfortable
- Power trigger doesn’t work on its own
Verdict: Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is all about versatility and convenience. Features like radical cyclones and hygienic dirt ejector ensure increased airflow and hand sanitation during use. What will make it better is if the vacuum cleaner comes with more than a single battery for lasting performance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which best multi-surface vacuum cleaner has the best suction?
If the rating is over 5, then the Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner scores a 5/5. Though we rate which vacuum cleaner has the best suction by checking the amount of energy it uses, it doesn’t mean that it is more powerful than other cleaners. What it means is that it pulls air with much efficiency than others. With 115 AirWatt, the Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is the best cordless multi-surface vacuum with the best suction. The suction motor is located close to the pistol grip area and it allows you to clip the head onto the main unit. This way, you can transform it into a portable cleaner.
Which is the best multi floor vacuum?
The Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner also takes home the prize of the best multi floor vacuum. The Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Hover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum cleaner, and the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum made the list of the best vacuum for multi-surface and pets. However, it is the Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner that emerged as the winner. Convertible handheld function, Max power mode, 2 tier radial cyclones, and 40 minutes run time to distinguish it from other vacuum cleaners.
Each of the vacuum cleaners come with different features to aid use and ensure ease of operation. Whether cord or cordless, we advise that you look at the features of each and select the one that suits your cleaning needs.