Are you tired of your traditional fireplace? Believe it, many people around us are. Some have a problem from its losing heat, while others find it hard to maintain it.
An electric fireplace is all that you need. These firesides deliver heat effectively while reducing the overall cost and maintenance.
However, how are you going to acquire the right option? There are different types and models of these products available. Many of us feel overwhelmed while looking at extensive available options.
So, here going to review a few best electric fireplaces for heat. It will help you in choosing the best option. After all, it is going to be a long-term investment. You shouldn’t take it casually.
- 1 What are the Advantages and Benefits of Electric Fireplaces?
- 2 Types of Electric Fireplaces
- 3 Comparison Table of Best Electric Fireplaces for Heat
- 4 Review of 5 Best Electric Fireplace for Heat
- 4.1 Best value – Ameriwood Home Chicago Electric Fireplace
- 4.2 Pros
- 4.3 Cons
- 4.4 Best versatile – RW Flame Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- 4.5 Pros
- 4.6 Cons
- 4.7 Best Budget – Heat Surge Mini Glo Portable Electric Fireplace
- 4.8 Pros
- 4.9 Cons
- 4.10 Best space-saving – Pinnacle Point Fireplace TV Console
- 4.11 Pros
- 4.12 Cons
- 4.13 Best for large coverage – Ashland Infrared Electric Fireplace
- 4.14 Pros
- 4.15 Cons
- 5 Tips for using electric fireplaces
- 6 Electric Fireplaces FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
What are the Advantages and Benefits of Electric Fireplaces?
An electric fireplace comes with certain benefits over traditional ones. Here are a few of them:
- The firesides can be a great attractive centerpiece in your room with no true fireplaces.
- The best thing is these heating elements don’t need venting.
- No maintenance is involved. All you’d need is to plug them in the wall.
- They can deliver heat to large rooms of up to 400 square feet area or even larger.
- Besides being energy-efficient, they are cost-effective as well.
- You won’t need to pay for chimney cleaning, installation, and other service charges.
- It is safe to use at home with young kids or pets.
Despite delivering heat to large areas, they don’t pose any fire threats.
Types of Electric Fireplaces
If we talk about these fireplaces concerning heaters, there are two types. One of them is fan-forced coil heaters, and the other is a quartz infrared heater.
Fan-forced coil heaters
These firesides have a silent fan. It blows air over the heated coils. This hot air then comes out of a vent that can be located on top, front, or bottom.
Quartz Infrared heaters
These electric heaters supply heat using infrared rays. These rays don’t warm the surroundings. Instead, they heat the objects they touch.
However, if we discuss these fireplaces concerning their installation, there are the following 5 types:
These heaters can be hung directly on the wall just like a TV or a picture. They come with all accessories you’d need for installation. It can be the right choice for apartments as they don’t need any permanent place.
These firesides have a more finished look as they sit neatly inside the wall. They are also available in a frameless linear option that is a great alternative for traditional linear fireplaces. However, its installation is a bit difficult.
These fireplaces inserts can replace your existing wood or gas fireplace. Usually, many households have the old masonry fireplaces. These heaters are a good option for these homes. There are firebox and electric log inserts available.
These products are available as media-cabinets or stand-alone units. The first one is a TV stand with a built-in electric fireplace. These are good for small apartments as they save space. The stand-alone units contain all features like mounting heaters. The only difference is, you put them on their included pedestal instead of hanging on walls.
These fireplaces come with mantel and don’t need any remodeling. It only requires the assembly of mental. You can put a fireplace inside, and it will be all ready to use. It is probably the easiest option for homes having enough space.
Comparison Table of Best Electric Fireplaces for Heat
Review of 5 Best Electric Fireplace for Heat
Best value – Ameriwood Home Chicago Electric Fireplace
This product on our list is again useful for saving your valued space. It is a media unit that accommodates TV as well.
It can support a 50″ flat-panel TV with a maximum capacity of 70 lbs. Besides, it also has a storage space. It has a divided open shelf that you can use for putting cable box and Blu-Ray player. However, the side two cabinets contain additional shelves as well. You can utilize this space to store books and DVDs.
This whole unit would provide you a place to organize your stuff neatly. It is enough to décor any corner of your home. The fireplace can heat a room of up to 400 square feet.
However, the good thing is you can either turn the heating option on or off. This feature is great, as you’d be able to use it throughout the year.
- Its AltraFlame technology gives realistic effects.
- It can heat any good-sized room effectively.
- You can use it at any time of the year.
- The storage cabinets can help organize accessories.
- Flames might produce clicking sound if left on for a prolonged time.
Best versatile – RW Flame Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
This electric fireplace could be the best option for those who need ultra-thin design with versatility. Its flexibility starts with its installation process.
It allows both recessed and wall-mounted fitting. The credit goes to its new design that doesn’t contain switch on its side edges.
Besides, it allows you to make the heater goes perfectly with your interior. How? It provides 12 different flame colors. Isn’t it amazing to choose colors as per your mood or surrounding atmosphere?
Well, it also has an automatic flame design. It changes the flame brightness and colors on its own. Furthermore, it also comes with 5 different flame speed modes and 5 flame brightness levels.
Despite all its other benefits, it comes with an energy-saving feature as well. It allows you to choose between a 750W or 1500W modes. It provides supplemental zone heating for up to 400 square feet area.
In order to ensure convenience, it contains a touch screen and remote control as well. So, you can make settings just by pressing a few buttons instead of getting up every time from your place.
This product is ETL certified. It contains an auto-heat kill safety feature. It prevents overheating your room and making it dry. This function will maintain a favorable atmosphere inside your room.
- Its various color options make it sit well with any decor.
- It saves energy by allowing various heat settings.
- With its remote control, you can conveniently adjust it.
- Because of its auto-heat kill function, it is safe to use for any household.
- Very quiet along with 38DB noise.
- The remote might not feel very responsive.
Best Budget – Heat Surge Mini Glo Portable Electric Fireplace
This Heat Surge electric fireplace could be the best option for those who want a budget-friendly option. However, the lower price doesn’t mean it lacks in its functioning.
It is capable of providing soothing heat effects throughout the winter. His electric fireplace makes the thing sure with its Hybrid Thermic Heat. It works by combining convection and infrared heat technologies.
In this way, it not only gives warmth to you but to your surroundings as well. Another fascinating trait of this heater is its design. Its fireplace design gives the feel of real-life flaming logs, brick chimney, and wooden mental.
Thus, by appearance, it gives a cozy feeling of a traditional fireplace without excessive expenditures and maintenance. It’s wooden mental, however, is available in dark oak and light oak finishing.
Its size is just appropriate to fit in any room. Also, it is highly portable. On that, its two different tones wooden mental makes it capable of adjusting with any interior.
It also allows you to select between two different heat settings. You can adjust its fan settings as well. In this way, this fireside is completely usable throughout the year. You’d just need to choose the right settings.
Besides the on-screen controls, it comes with remote control as well. Thus, you can turn it on or off without getting out of your couch comfort.
- It warms objects along with surrounding air using a hybrid heating element.
- Its two heat settings give comfort and save energy.
- It looks like a traditional fireplace.
- You can use it in any room because of its size and portability.
- It works amazingly for small rooms.
Best space-saving – Pinnacle Point Fireplace TV Console
This electric fireplace could be the best option if you are running out of place. As most of the people around tend to live in small apartments, this product can give great ambiance.
This fireside is a freestanding unit that comes with a TV console. Thus, you can place a TV and a heater in one place. It allows putting a 50″ flat-panel TV with a maximum weight capacity of 70 lbs.
Well, that’s not all. This fireplace also contains a divided open shelf, 2 side cabinets, and 2 additional shelves. So, it means you are going to enjoy plenty of storage places using this product.
Its fireplace allows you to choose the setting option between flame with and without heat. Thus, you can use it all year round. Moreover, it has an LED light source that gives 50,000 hours of life.
Though this unit saves space, it can provide heat up to 400 square feet. All these attributes make it one of the best electric fireplaces if you are looking for a space-saving option.
- It offers multiple benefits within one unit.
- We can save precious space.
- Useful in every season.
- Its ample storage space helps in organizing the stuff.
- You would need to invest time in its proper assembly.
Best for large coverage – Ashland Infrared Electric Fireplace
If you are looking for something beautiful that can provide extensive coverage, this fireplace is the right option. Well, it comes with certain other useful features.
Firstly, this unit has wheels. So, it means you can push it anywhere easily. To provide you a storage place, it comes with an open shelf.
It gives out heat using an infrared heater. It can warm the area of up to 1,000 square feet. Regarding flames, it allows you to choose between 5 different flame brightness levels.
In order to give you greater convenience, it comes with remote control. Also, as it comes pre-assembled, you won’t need to put any additional efforts.
- It doesn’t need any assembly.
- Because of its wheels, you can place it anywhere.
- It provides heat to a large area.
- This beautiful unit gives realistic flames.
- It doesn’t offer a variety of flame colors.
Tips for using electric fireplaces
Though electric fireplaces are safe to use, you need to take care of the following points:
- All things should be placed at an adequate distance from this electric heater.
- You should avoid touching the fireplace while it’s on.
- Prevent kids and pets from going anywhere near the fireplace unit.
- These electric units aren’t meant to be used outdoors.
- Never plug them in unsafe outlets.
- It’s better to unplug the heater when not in use.
Electric Fireplaces FAQs
Do the electric fireplaces really heat a room?
Yes, they actually do it efficiently. Even though you cannot use them as a central heating source, they are good to heat a room. The reason behind this is their ability to work without a chimney. It leads to no heat going out of the chimney. Thus, while using its entire energy, these fireplaces are good to heat a room.
Are electric fireplaces expensive to run?
If we look at expenditures, in the long run, they are rather less expensive than traditional units. All the costs it consumes is of electricity. Otherwise, there is no chimney or extensive service charges involved.
How long will the last of the electric fireplaces?
The good thing is these fireplaces are meant to last for a long period. You can assume them to work for decades. However, you might need to change the LED flame bulb after a few years.
Electric fireplaces seem the future of heaters. They give extensive benefits over traditional fireplaces in a cost-effective way. Moreover, as our lives are getting busier, most of us tend to use things that ask a little or no maintenance.
With increasing demand, numerous models are coming into the market. So, for a first-time buyer, it could be a bit hard to choose anyone. Thus, here we have reviewed a few best electric fireplaces for heat. We have also discussed a few important queries regarding these heaters.
We hope it’d help you in understanding their functioning in a better way.