Did you know that cleaning already got easier with Canister vacuums? But then, selecting the best and most suitable canister vacuums could be a demanding task especially if you know very little about their specifications. Not to worry, we can help you with that!
In this article, we will review seven of the best canister vacuum cleaners, their prices, specifications as well as pros and cons, and we will also guide you on how to choose the most suitable for your purpose. Come along!
- 1 What is a canister vacuum?
- 2 Why choose canister vacuum?
- 3 Which model of canister vacuum should I buy?
- 4 Kenmore 600 Series – best reasonable canister vacuum cleaner
- 5 Miele Complete C2 – best powerful canister vacuum cleaner
- 6 Bissell Zing Canister – best simple canister vacuum cleaner
- 7 Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G – best useful canister vacuum cleaner
- 8 Ovente Bagless Canister – best bagless canister vacuum cleaner
- 9 Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum – best fast canister vacuum cleaner
- 10 Conclusion: the best canister vacuum cleaner
What is a canister vacuum?
A canister vacuum is an electronic handheld cleaning device used at home, in office, cars, and virtually everywhere you need to do some cleaning! It comes with a swivel, a mop/brush, a flexible hose, a bag, and a filter all connected to give you a flawless cleanup.
Why choose canister vacuum?
Several options present themselves for cleaning including the canister, upright, robotics and stick vacuums. Of all, the canister vacuum stands out in use and importance. Why?
- Canister vacuums are flexible to use. This means they give you the same excellent cleaning whether at home or at commercial spaces.
- They can be used on diverse surfaces: tiles, sofa, walls, carpets, rugs, wood, ceilings, beddings and lots more!
- They are efficient and fast to use. You really do not want to spend the whole day on scrubbing, mopping and cleaning, right? Canister vacuum cleaners will do the multipurpose jobs for you within a short time and give you a brilliant outcome.
- Most canister vacuums come with HEPA or water filtration which helps to keep dust and debris away as you clean. You see, you don’t have to worry about being allergic to dust. Canister vacuum keeps it away!
- They are lightweight and easy to carry about. If you intend to do a thorough house cleaning, clean the ceiling cobwebs, the window panes, under the bed, the staircase or the interior of your car, you wouldn’t need an extra pair of hands to move them about with you. Canister vacuums come in various sizes and you can pick which one is best for you.
Which model of canister vacuum should I buy?
What’s the best canister vacuum cleaners? Should you opt for the Kenmore 600 Series, Miele Complete C2, Bissell Zing Canister, Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G, Ovente Bagless Canister, Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum or the Dyson Big Ball Multi-Floor Pro Canister? The options are varied and are available in different brands and series. Selecting one of these effecient canister vacuums could be difficult especially if you’re a first time buyer but having already told you what to consider, let us review these vacuums one at a time.
Kenmore 600 Series – best reasonable canister vacuum cleaner
If you want a bagged canister vacuum that works just perfectly fine on every surface, the Kenmore 600 series is the best choice for you. It comes with the motor Pet PowerMate which ensures that suction is sustained all through cleaning and that no dot of dirt or pet hair is left behid. It also possesses a HEPA exhaust filter which keeps bacteria and other allegens away, making it convenient to use even for those with breathing difficulties as well as a crevice dusting brush that goes into corners and the most inaccessible points.
- Valued at $269.9
- Weighs 22.6 pounds with a cord length of 28 inches.
- Comes with two floor nozzles
- Comes with a replaceable paper bag
- Has a HEPA filter system
- A detachable handle
- Suitable for every surface: wood, bare floor, upholstery, etc.
- Power brush can swivel both right and left, making it possible to get into crevices and tight corners.
- Handle can be detached to allow for cleaning in tight spaces such as under the bed or stairs.
- HEPA filter system keeps bacteria, dust and germs away!
- Hose is retractable, thereby making storage easy.
- Too heavy to move about.
- A little technical to assemble.
Miele Complete C2 – best powerful canister vacuum cleaner
The Miele Complete C2 is a powerful easy-to-use canister vacuum which can be used specifically on hard surfaces including bare floors, walls and wood. With its inbuilt super air filter, the vacuum emits fresh purified air, giving your home a scent of the fragrance. This vacuum is known for its amazing cleaning speed. Its floor brush rotates 180° to make your cleaning faster!
- Has a powerful 1200 watts motor
- Comes with an adjustable steel wand. You don’t have to bend to use.
- Comes with a 180° rotary brush
- Possesses a HEPA filter that traps germs.
- Very lightweight and easy to move about
- Produces less noise
- Highly durable with an expectancy of 20 years!
- Powerful suction that removes hard stains
- More expensive than the Kenmore 600
- Its bags and HEPA filter are cost demanding.
- Too powerful on soft rugs and curtains.
Bissell Zing Canister – best simple canister vacuum cleaner
Here is one of the most easy-to-use canister vacuums weighing only 8 pounds and bagless. It is highly recommendable for students and for home use where only small cleaning is done. The Bissel Zing bagless canister vacuum comes with an air regulator and a trash cup that is easy to empty. Owing to its size, this vacuum is the most suitable for cleaning car interior and soft surfaces such as curtains and upholstery.
- Weighs only 8 pounds
- Comes with a mini dirt cup and a retractable cord of 15ft.
- Operates in a cyclonic motion
- Possesses a power rating of 9amps
- Cheap and easy to procure
- Saves costs of bag replacement.
- Very mobile and easy to use and store
- The stress of emptying bag is eradicated. Dirt cup is emptied only with one push.
- Its adjustable knob helps you to regulate the pace and suction power to suit the surface.
- Not suitable for large-scale cleaning because of its small trash cup.
- Durability is limited especially when used on very hard surfaces for a prolonged period
Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G – best useful canister vacuum cleaner
Unlike the rest, the Eureka Mighty Mite is useful both at home and at workshops as it possesses a blower port which blows dirts and debris. It is a bagged portable vacuum that works effectively well with a 12 amp motor and weighs only 9 pounds, just a little heavier than the Bissell Zing Canister vacuum.
- Comes with two extension wands for extensive reach and detailed cleaning.
- Possesses a 12 amp motor for effective suction
- Comes with a 20-foot-cord and a blower p.ort
- Comes with a luxurious tool brush
- Lightweight and easy to carry about while cleaning
- Relatively cheaper than most other canister vacuums
- Can be used on multiple surfaces including upholstery, carpet, car floors and ceilings.
- Its double extension wands make it easy to reach ceilings and room corners.
- Can also be used in cars and at workshops due to its blower port.
- Not useful for extensive cleaning on hard surfaces
- Lacks a HEPA filter thereby exposing users to dust particles.
- Requires frequent change of dirtbag.
Ovente Bagless Canister – best bagless canister vacuum cleaner
The Ovente Bagless Canister vacuum is known for its sturdy nature. Largely made of heavy-duty plastic and with a steel wand, this vacuum has a higher tendency to last longer than all others if well managed. It is a powerful 1200-watts bagless vacuum with an efficient multi filtration system capable of picking substances many times smaller than furs!
- Comes with a mini transparent dirt bin
- Weighs an average 14 pounds
- Possesses a hose swivel that can turn at complete 360° working clockwise to save your time.
- Comes with a HEPA filter and a 1200 watts motor.
- Relatively cheap considering its amazing features
- Its 360° hose, 189-inch cord and a sturdy metal handle combine to give you maximum comfort while using.
- Its brush-up and brush-down features help you to easily control the intensity to suit your current surface.
- Gives off very low noise compared to others.
- Cord might be too short for fairly large rooms
- At a weight of about 14 pounds prolonged use may pose difficulty of carrying about.
Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum – best fast canister vacuum cleaner
Talk of high sophistication and amazing features, we give it up for the Miele Pure Suction canister vacuum. It is built with an impressive compact C1 suction powered by a 1200-W vortex motor. It also possesses a unique 6-setting dial which enables you to adjust the suction speed and power to the nature of the surface. If you want the classy 5-star hotel look after cleaning, this is the canister vacuum you’re looking for!
- Weighs 15 pounds and with a stainless steel telescopic wand.
- Comes with an Air clean filter and a 360° swivel wheels
- Has a unique Compact C1 suction system which makes it suitable for any type of floor!
- Possesses a combination floorhead adjustable to both hard and soft surfaces.
- Its unique suction system makes it work at an amazing speed and power.
- Suction dial makes it easy to control
- Very useful on hard floors
- Suction not too gentle on carpets and light rugs.
- Highly expensive when compared to other models.
Dyson Big Ball Multi-Floor Pro Canister – Best home use canister vacuum cleaner
Here is the real deal for you if you want a jack-of-all-floors! Its amazing effects on all types of floors beats all other vacuums. Unlike the costly Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum, the bagless Dyson Multi floor is friendly on all types of surfaces ranging from mattresses to hardwood. It comes with a combination of tools and several other features that give you the same excellent outcome on the different surface. Highly recommendable for home use.
- Valued at $599
- Bagless and comes with a mini dirt cup
- Comes with a HEPA filter system
- Comes with a combination of brushes for multiple surfaces
- A retractable cord about 21.3′ long.
- Highly flexible to use both indoors and outdoors.
- Has an effective suction power that speeds up your cleaning
- Very portable and simple to use.
- Too expensive for a bagless vacuum
- Extremely loud
- Dirt cup doesn’t perfectly contain dust and could get messy.
Conclusion: the best canister vacuum cleaner
All along, you would have noticed that canister vacuums are amazing cleaning products with diverse features that perfectly meet your cleaning needs. While we will favour the best canister vacuum cleaner-Miele Complete C2 because of its ability to efficiently clean hard floor, powerful suction, less noise and filter system, we understand that it might be too costly for some.